Courses under MMM College of Health Sciences
i) Candidates belonging to all categories for admission to the B.SC.
DEGREE COURSES UNDER ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES
should have passed the qualifying examinations after period of 12
years of study with the following subjects of Physics, Chemistry and
Biology or Botany and Zoology.
ii) Every candidate before admission to the course shall submit to the Principal of the institution a certificate of medical fitness from an authorized medical officer that the candidate is physically fit to undergo the academic course.
iii) The minimum educational requirements shall be passing of Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (12 years course)
Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2), pre-degree examinations (10+2)
An equivalent with 12 years schooling from a recognized Board or University with Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English with minimum 60% marks (PCBE); for SC/ST candidates the minimum percentage of marks is 50%.
Age Limit for Admission
A candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time
of admission or would complete the said age on or before 31st
December of the year of admission to the B.SC. DEGREE
COURSES UNDER ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES.
Eligibility Certificate for Foreign Candidates
1. Candidates who have passed Advanced Level Qualification and Central Board of Secondary Examination in Foreign Countries has to remit a sum of Rs.10,100/- towards the cost of application and Eligibility fee. The amount should be drawn in favour of the Registrar, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University payable at Chennai.
2. Candidates who have passed Advanced Level Qualification in foreign countries has to get Equivalency Certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi - these Qualifications are EQUATED with 12 Year Senior School Certificate of Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi /other Boards in India
The Foreign candidates seeking admission in self-financing colleges should apply before the cut-off date for admission to I B.SC. DEGREE COURSES UNDER ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES through the Principal of the college only and have to strictly follow the following prescribed guidelines:
1. The Institutions admitting candidates from the Foreign countries should obtain the documents from the candidates in original along with the Photocopies of i) Passport ii) No Objection Certificate from the Embassies of the concerned foreign countries iii) +2 Statements of marks issued by the Education Department in the country of their origin.
2. The candidate has to obtain an endorsement in the General Secondary School Certificate +2 Statement of marks from the both Embassies (i.e. Foreign and India).
3. After obtaining the original documents from the candidate, the Institution has to forward the ‘No Objection Certificate’ to the Embassies of the concerned foreign countries and get the genuineness certificate from their Embassies.
4. Also the +2 Statement of marks has to be forwarded to the Education Department of the countries origin and get the genuineness of the documents duly certified.
5. The Institution has to obtain and furnish a certificate from the Department of Police as to whether there is any criminal case pending against the candidate in the State of Tamil Nadu (or) any other State of India.
6. The institution should forward the genuineness of the certificates along with other original documents such as Passport, No Objection certificate from their Embassies, +2 Statements of marks along with the Police verification certificate and the required fee to this University, Also a copy to be marked to the SECRETARY, FOREIGIN AFFAIRS MINISTRY, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA, NEW DELHI.
7. The Institution must themselves apply and get the genuineness of the certificates from the concerned authorities and should not allow the candidate or his representative or any mediator to apply for genuineness of the Certificates.
8. The Institution has to give an undertaking to this effect that the institution only had applied to the concerned authorities and not the candidate.
9. If the genuineness of anyone of the certificate(s) of the candidate is found to be bogus action will be taken against the institution in the form of withdrawal of the Provisional affiliation granted to the institution for conducting the course.
10. The institution which admits those said candidates after following these procedures are SOLELY responsible for the proper conduct of the candidates till he/she passes out of their courses.
11. Any Crime committed by the candidates of those mentioned countries, the institution should take severe disciplinary action even amounting to the discharge of the candidate from the course to be done with the intimation to this University.
Candidates seeking admission under NRI quota in self-financing
Colleges have to strictly follow the following prescribed guidelines :
1. Candidate should be of Indian Origin settled in Foreign Countries.
Candidate who were born in foreign countries and whose parents are of
Children of Indian Citizen stay abroad for employment, business.
Children of Indian citizens deputed abroad by Public Sector Undertaking
Children of the Official of the Central / State Government on deputation
2. The candidate should have completed 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
3. The candidates seeking admission to NRI Quota should have held Indian Passport.
4. Candidates seeking admission to B.SC. DEGREE COURSES UNDER ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES under NRI Quota should have passed H.Sc., Examination (10+2 pattern / equivalent)
5. The candidate should have obtained the minimum of 50% marks in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together and the minimum of 50% marks each in Physics and Chemistry.
6. The medium of instruction should be in English.
7. Admission under Non-Resident of India scheme may be made on the basis of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination as prescribed in clause 4 & 5 above.
8. The duration of the course will be 3 academic years for B.SC. DEGREE COURSES UNDER ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES.
9. The seats under NRI quota should be utilized by the bonafide NRI’s only and for their children or wards. Therefore, the NRI financially supporting the candidates should either be the parent (Father or Mother) of the candidate or legally declared as guardian of the candidate by the Court as per provisions in ‘The Guardians and Wards Act 1890.
10. Candidates admitted under ‘NRI’ quota should submit the following documents:
a) NRI status of the financial supporter issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective country under their seal.
b) Certificate of relationship between the NRI financial supporter and the candidate issued by the competent authority, valid Indian Passport of the NRI financial supporter.
c) NRE (Non Resident External) Bank Account Pass Book of the financial supporter.
d) Evidence for payment of Development charges US $ 1000/- to the college by the NRI financial supporter (One time payment at the time of admission only)
11. The candidates should furnish equivalent marks for the grades awarded at the qualifying examination. If not, the minimum marks will be taken into consideration.
12. No NRI sponsored candidates are allowed under NRI Scheme.
13. A sworn in affidavit on Rs.20/- Non-Judicial Stamp Paper signed by the candidate stating that he / she will not have any right to approach the court of law in case he / she was confirmed as a fraudulent student with bogus certificate, etc.,
M.Sc. Medical Sociology
The candidate seeking admission to M.Sc., Medical Sociology Course should have passed any degree in Medicine, Dentisty,Occupational therapy, Ayush, Social Sciences, including Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Social Work , Medical Sociology, Biological Sciences, Administration and Management studies from a recognized University or a degree in Physiotherapy, Nursing, Pharmacy and Indian System of Medicine from Tamilanadu Dr MGR Mediacl University or any other University accepted by the authority of the University as equivalent thereto.
M.Sc. (Clinical Nutrition)
Candidates for admission to the M.Sc., (CLINICAL NUTRITION) Should have passed Degree in any one of the following courses from a recognized University B.Sc., Nutrition Dietetics and Food Service Management or B.Sc., Food Science and Nutrition Or B.Sc., Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics Food Service Management and Dietetics. Or B.Sc., Home Science (with majors in Nutrition and Dietetics) or B.Sc., Human Science(with majors in Nutrition and Dietetics) or B.Sc., Clinical Nutrition(with majors in Nutrition and Dietetics)
Age Limit for Admission
A candidate should have completed the age of 20 years at the time of admission or would complete the age on or before 31 December on the year of admission to the first year M.Sc.(Medical Sociology) course
Candidate who has passed any qualifying examination as stated in the Regulations other than the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University shall obtain an "Eligibility Certificate" from this University by remitting the prescribed Fees along with the Application Form and required Documents before seeking admission to any one of the affiliated institutions.
A Candidate admitted in any of the courses shall register with the university in the University prescribed form.
Courses Under MMM Academy of Medical Sciences
+2 (PCB/ PCM) 60% in each subject viz Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology and 60% aggregate
M.Sc. Clinical Nutrition
B.Sc. In Clinical Nutrition, Home Sciences, Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Science and Quality Control, Food Service Management, Food and Nutrition.
M.Sc. Medical Lab Technology
B.S. allied Health Science, B.Sc. MLT, B.Sc. Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics.